Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zoe Saldana Covers Latina Magazine

Stunning Afro-Latina actress Zoe Saldana graces the September 2011 cover of Latina magazine’s fall style issue, available on newsstands August 16th. The 33-year-old Dominican and Puerto Rican star of this month’s Colombiana opens up to about how she nearly had an emotional collapse after catapulting to superstardom with Avatar, the highest-grossing movie of all time, and what helped her stay grounded.


On dealing with her newfound fame: “The year after Avatar was just emotionally overwhelming. I was traveling all over the world, waking up in different time zones. Your body gets exhausted, and by the end of the year I just collapsed.”
On coming close to a total breakdown: “I was in Paris training for Colombiana, sitting in my hotel room, and I couldn’t stop crying. I couldn’t stay awake. I must have slept for an entire month. It took me the rest of the year, even as I was working and shooting Colombiana, to pick myself up. Thank God my family was there.”

To read more go to Latina Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment